Revised February 15, 2018
The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when an account is created, transactions are submitted through our website, forms are used, or we receive an email. Other times, we get Data by recording interactions with our Services using technologies like cookies and web beacons. We also get Data from third parties, like our financial partners, processing partners or identity verification services.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services – and to help keep the Services safe. Data is critical in helping us to increase the safety of Your online experience and reduce the risk of fraud and other harmful activity.
Data We Collect
Personal Data. We call Data that identifies, or that could reasonably be used to identify, You as an individual “Personal Data”. We collect Personal Data in different ways. We collect Personal Data when you register for an account, make a purchase, make payments or conduct transactions through our Services, forms, applications, respond to emails or surveys, or use the “Remember Me” feature of our website(s) Checkout. We also receive Personal Data from other sources, such as our partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address;
- Financial and transaction Data, such as credit or debit card number, and bank account information; and
- Other Personal Data, such as date of birth, SSN or EIN.
Other Data. We call Data other than Personal Data “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our websites, websites that implement our Services, and the use of our Services generally. Other Data that we may collect include:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services You are using;
- Transaction data, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method;
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data; and
- Company data, such as a company’s legal structure, product and service offerings, jurisdiction, company records, and information submitted through our Service.
How We Use Data
Personal Data. We and our service providers use Personal Data to: (i) provide the Services; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; (iii) mitigate financial loss or other harm to Users, Customers, and Ascendance; and (iv) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools. Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
- To verify an identity for compliance purposes;
- To evaluate an application to use our Services;
- To evaluate applications for Employment;
- To evaluate applications for potential partners, contractors and sub-contractors;
- To conduct manual or systematic monitoring for fraud and other harmful activity;
- To respond to inquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- To process a payment with our payment processing providers, communicate regarding a payment, and provide related customer service;
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards;
- To develop new products;
- To send marketing communications;
- To improve or modify our Services; and
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business.
Other Data. We may use Other Data for a range of different purposes, provided we comply with applicable law and our contractual commitments.
How We Disclose Data
Ascendance does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We only share Your Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
- Ascendance Companies, Subsidiaries, Brandsand Affiliates. We share Data with our entities worldwide that we control, are controlled by us, or are under our common control, to provide our Services. Ascendance Innovation, Inc. is the party responsible for overall management and use of the Data by these affiliated parties;
- OurService Providers. We share Data with service providers who help us provide Services, including but not limited to; payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing;
- Third Parties. We will share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement. We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside Your country of residence.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is no longer secure or if You feel that the security of Your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
You may download the AppChoices app to opt out in mobile apps. In order to understand and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, we may also use web beacons, cookies, and other technologies to identify the fact that You have visited our website or seen one of our advertisements, and we may provide that Data to one or more third party advertising networks. The Data we provide may include the time and date of Your visit to our website, pages viewed, links clicked and other information that does not disclose your ‘real world’ identity. Those advertising networks may recognize the web beacon or cookie associated with Your visit to our website when You visit other websites on which they serve advertising, and they may make decisions about the advertisements You see based on it.
At present, there is no industry standard for recognizing Do Not Track browser signals, so we do not respond to them.
Choice and Access
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of Your Personal Data:
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If You no longer want to receivemarketing-related emails from us,You may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with Your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if You opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send You important administrative and service messages that are required to provide You with our Services.
- How You can access or change Your Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us,Youmay do so by updating your online accounts, by emailing us or by calling us.
If emailing us Your request, please make clear in the email what Personal Data You would like to have changed. For Your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the email address that You use to send us Your request, and we may need to verify Your identity before implementing Your request. We will try to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Ascendance Innovation, Inc.
PO Box 360893
Melbourne, FL 32936
Attention: Ascendance Legal Department
Sensitive Information. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive Data (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, health, or the like) in Your emails to us.